Today, the term “DIY” is everywhere. You can pretty much do everything you can think of yourself from moving to refinishing furniture, to building a home. However, it’s not always in your best interest to do things yourself, especially when it comes to installing your new roof.
Top 6 Reasons why NOT to “DIY” When It comes to replacing your roof
1. Time consuming – the amount of time it will take you to call your insurance company, meet with the adjuster, find a subcontractor, call schedule meetings, etc. isn’t worth it. Southern Pro Restoration has systems already in place to where it takes all of the pressure of doing it yourself off of you and onto us.
2. Need for competitive bidding – Once you have talked with your insurance company it is now time to take bids from various subcontractors. This can being a very time consuming and tedious task. You will have to schedule a meeting with a representative from each company to come out and assess your roof and obtain their bid. This alone can take weeks to accomplish.
3. Having to work with insurance companies without support – Having someone on your team when working with insurance companies is huge! Our team is trained on how to talk to insurance companies and adjusters to make sure your roof actually gets bought. Without the proper training, it could result in a delay or worse case your roof not getting approved.
4. Not sure where to start – Doing your roof yourself can be a very daunting task and one may not even know where to start in the process so this is why we recommend letting our team of experts take over and do all of the work for you from start to finish.
5. Not sure what you are looking for – Storm damage can be tough to find on a roof. Sometimes it’s a small mark and other times it’s more visible like a missing shingle. Either way our team is trained to find storm damage so you don’t have to worry about the details.
6. The chances of your roof getting replaced by insurance decreases dramatically – This alone should be one of the main reasons why you should hire a roofing company to assist you. We send out a representative with your insurance adjuster appointment in order to better your chances of your roof getting bought. Our team knows what they are looking for in terms of damage and know how to talk to adjusters to convince them approve your roof.
If you are still wanting to go through the process of installing your roof alone then that’s great! If you’ve decided that it’s not for you and you could use a little help then give us a call today at 813-835-1209 or fill our our form on our Contact page and we will get back to you within 24 hours.