Are you buying a home this year?
Then make sure the house you buy isn’t a candidate for a full roof replacement before you make your purchase.
Below are a few things you can look Out For before calling on your local roofers.
- Check The Gutters – Make sure your gutters are in excellent condition and are doing their job well. The last thing you want when buying a home is to have to replace all of the gutters due to cracking, sagging, clogging, leaks, etc.
- Look For Leaks– Check for leaks both inside the home and on top of the roof. If you see water stains on the ceiling then the next step is to check your roof for any damage. Depending on the amount of damage you may need a full roof replacement.
- Inspect The Shingles – Every 15 years or so you need to think about replacing your roof. Therefore, depending on how old the house is that you end up purchasing will depend on if you need to replace the roof or not.
In addition, make sure to ask these question before you buy
- What type of roof is it? – the type of shingle that is on your roof will play a factor in determining how much your roof will cost.
- How old is the roof? – this is very important, as a new roof may not need a full roof replacement but rather just a repair, where as a roof that is 10+ years old would be more likely to need to be replaced.
- Is the roof still under warranty? – this could be a determining factor in whether or not the buy or the seller is the one to replace the roof.
- Has the current homeowner made any repairs? – knowing the last time the current homeowner made a repair, whether it was by choice or not, will also help in determining whether or not your roof is in good sound condition.
If you have any questions then please feel free to call us today for your FREE roof inspection.